To help lawyers meet this year’s reporting requirements or develop a “CLE Hours Bank” for next year, The Bar Plan Foundation is presenting a 9-Hour webinar on June 29, 2021.
The format allows attendees to participate in all of the presentations or just a few throughout the day as time and interest permit.
- Missouri: This program is approved for 9 hours of CLE credit, with 4 hours of ethics credit including 1 hour of elimination of bias credit. Ethics and elimination of bias credit approvals in Missouri noted on the below schedule in red.
- Kansas: This program is approved for 8 hours of CLE credit, which includes 7 hours of ethics credit and 1 hour of law practice management credit. All programs are approved for ethics credit in Kansas excluding the 10:45am LPM session.
- 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. : “Malpractice Insurance: What You Need to Know”, Karen McCarthy, President and CEO, The Bar Plan Mutual Insurance Company
- 8:50 – 9:40 a.m. : “Cyber Coverage: Emerging Cyber Trends and Exposures. How Can You Protect Your Firm?” Melvin Osswald, Vice President, Program Underwriting, Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group
- 9:40 – 9:55 a.m. Break
- 9:55 – 10:45 a.m. MO ETHICS / ELIMINATION OF BIAS: “Nobody Wants to be That Person: Avoiding Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Faux Pas” Dana Tippin Cutler, Partner, James W. Tippin & Associates
- 10:45 – 11:35 a.m. “Legal Marketing & Business Development for Attorneys | Tips, Strategies and Best Practices”
Moderator: Susan McCourt Baltz, Executive Director, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Panelists: Stephanie Dorssom, Digital Marketing Manager, Husch Blackwell, Tracy Tabb, Chief Marketing Officer, Brown & James, P.C., Maureen Farr, Senior Business Development Manager, Stinson LL. (KANSAS NOTE: this program is approved for 1.0 Law Practice Management Credit in Kansas)
- 11:35 a.m. – 12:25 p.m. MO ETHICS CLE – “Resource Roundup: 15 Stress Busters in 15 Minutes and Recent Research on Lawyer and Judicial Well-Being” Anne Chambers, Director, Missouri Lawyers’ Assistance Program
- 12:25 – 1:10 p.m. Lunch Break (on your own)
- 1:10 – 2:00 p.m. MO ETHICS CLE – “A Conversation With Chief Disciplinary Counsel: Current Trends and Decisions in Legal Ethics” Alan Pratzel, Missouri Chief Disciplinary Counsel
- 2:00 – 2:50 p.m. MO ETHICS CLE- “The Righting Reflex – Stress Management and Well-Being for Legal Professionals” Jimmy Fendelman, Owner, Fendelman & Associates, LLC
- 2:50 – 3:00 p.m. Break
- 300 – 3:50 p.m. “10 Red Flags: What to Watch for When Reviewing Investments as Fiduciary” Darryl Lynch, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. & Peter Palumbo, The Palumbo Group at Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
- 3:50 – 4:40 p.m. “Must-Haves for Law Firm Growth in the Future” Jaimee Hall, CEO / Co-Founder, Legal Back Office