Dear The Bar Plan Insureds, Business Partners and Friends,
During this time of health emergency and concern for the well-being of our families and fellow citizens, The Bar Plan is taking action to protect our employees and prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). However, to our customers and applicants for insurance and court bonds, you can continue to expect timely processing and issuing of policies as well as management of claims.
So that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service, we are requesting:
- E-mail communication as your primary contact with us. With some employees working remotely, e-mail will consistently provide the quickest and most consistent response. If you wish to call, we will return your call promptly if you do not reach someone live;
- Utilize our online portal for LPL New Business Applications, click here to start. (Online Renewal Applications will be available very soon)
- Apply for Court Bonds online, click here.
- Send documents, including invoices, electronically rather than by U.S. Mail;
- Report LPL Claims online click here.
- Make payments by credit card at click here.
- Register for upcoming webinars online.
- We will be hosting our next Build a Better Practice webinar on April 1. The topic is succession planning for law firms. You can register for it, or the other sessions in the series by clicking here.
- In lieu of live Ethics CLE seminars, we have scheduled additional webinars so that lawyers can meet their CLE requirements. For a listing of Ethics webinars click here.
For Questions Regarding Law Practice Management During a Crisis:
We offer much guidance on our website, including guidance on the Rules of Professional Conduct when working from home and succession planning for law firms. You can find those articles by clicking here. As always, feel free to email our Risk Management Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call them directly at (800) 843-2277, x171.
Unfortunately, our inaugural Topgolf Foundation event and fundraiser scheduled for April 16th has been cancelled. We will let everyone know if we reschedule. We will be issuing refunds to those who have already registered.
We thank you for your patience and assistance as we manage these unusual circumstances. We are committed to doing all we can to deliver our quality products and services while keeping safety as our top priority.
Karen R. McCarthy
President and CEO