The Bar Plan added Cyber Liability Coverage to all full-time policies with an effective date on or after January 1, 2018. Limits of liability are $50,000 per claim, with aggregate limits of $50,000 for firms up to 10 attorneys, or $150,000 for firms with more than 10 attorneys. This coverage is provided at no additional premium for full-time policies.
Our Cyber Liability Coverage Includes:
- Privacy Regulatory Defense & Penalties – Coverage for regulatory fines and penalties and regulatory compensatory awards incurred in privacy regulatory proceedings/investigations brought by federal, state, or local governmental agencies.
- Privacy Breach Response Costs, Notification Expenses, and Breach Support and Credit Monitoring Expenses – Coverage for mitigation costs and expenses incurred because of a privacy breach, security breach or adverse media report.
- Network Asset Protection – Coverage for income loss, interruption expenses, and data recovery costs incurred due to a variety of causes, from accidental damage of electronic media to cyber attacks.
- Cyber Extortion – Coverage for extortion expenses incurred and extortion monies paid as a direct result of a credible cyber extortion threat, including ransomware.
- Cyber Terrorism – Coverage for loss of business income and interruption expenses incurred as a direct result of a total or partial interruption of an Insured’s computer system due to an act of cyber terrorism.
- BrandGuard® – Coverage for net profit loss incurred as a direct result of an adverse media report or breach notification following a security breach or privacy breach.
Contact The Bar Plan at 1-800-843-2277 and ask to speak to one of our Agents, or email us at email@example.com with any questions regarding your coverage.