The Bar Plan Mutual Insurance Company provides broad legal malpractice coverage at the lowest possible price. All products and services offered by The Bar Plan Group of Companies are for the benefit of the legal community. We serve the legal community in everything we do.
The Bar Plan writes lawyers’ professional liability insurance in Missouri, Kansas, New Mexico, Indiana, and Tennessee. In conjunction with its subsidiary company, The Bar Plan Surety & Fidelity Company, The Bar Plan also writes Court Bonds in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. Additionally, The Bar Plan Insurance Agency, Inc. offers a Lawyers’ Business Owner’s Policy, Workers’ Compensation insurance, and it administers the Group Term Life Insurance for The Missouri Bar.
As the insurance marketplace becomes increasingly competitive it is easy to be confused by policy terms when comparing one insurance policy to another. Many treat the purchase of malpractice insurance like a commodity, when in fact there are important differences among policies, some of which are very significant. In addition to our policy differences, The Bar Plan stands apart from the competition in that:
- We have more significant and continuous experience writing lawyers’ professional liability in Missouri than any competing carrier.
- Our rates are based on market experience and not market opportunity.
- Our products and services are for the sole benefit of our local legal communities.
- The Bar Plan sponsors and supports the local legal community.
- We are the only legal malpractice carrier endorsed by The Missouri Bar.
- We utilize skilled local defense counsel to defend your claim. All of our claims adjusters are attorneys.
- Many of our Board of Directors are experienced attorneys -they understand the needs of your practice.
Our mission is to provide broad Lawyers’ Professional Liability insurance coverage and other lawyer related insurance products with exceptional service, while maintaining financial stability and a long-term commitment to our markets.